Maruti launched the Celerio at the 2014 Auto expo and since then it has been one popular car in its segment mainly because of its smooth K series Petrol engine and the availability of an AMT gearbox. Recently Maruti reached a new milestone by achieving 1,00000 sales mark for the Celerio.
This success story behind the Celerio hatchback depends on few factors one which we already mentioned above while the other factors are that it is available with petrol as well LPG fuel options while Maruti also added the diesel variant recently. Celerio is one the best selling models from Maruti Suzuki and after the homegrown manufacturers withdrawn the Ritz from the market we are pretty sure the Celerio will attract even more attention.
Under the hood the Celerio gets 998 cc K-series petrol unit which is capable of producing an impressive 67 Bhp at 6000 rpm and 90 NM of torque at 3500 rpm. The petrol unit is available with 5 speed manual gearbox while the AMT is available only with LXi, VXi and ZXi trims. On the other hand the diesel variant is powered b y a newly in-house developed 800 cc twin cylinder unit which produces about 47 Ps of peak power at 3500 rpm and 125 Nm of torque 2000 rpm, this engine comes mated to only a 5 speed manual transmission.
Mr. RS Kalsi, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said he thanks all the Celerio customers for supporting the brand Celerio which also happens to be the first car in India which comes with acclaimed Auto Gear Shift technology. Almost one third of the Celerio sold in the market gets the Auto Gear Shift variants. He also added that the customers also appreciated the fact that the Celerio which are sold in the market comes with the convenience of automatic gear shifting without causing any loss to fuel efficiency. While in the past one year or so Maruti Suzuki’s share in the lower hatchback has gone from 61 percent to 71 percent because of the Celerio.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio crosses the 100,000 sales mark
New Delhi, July 9, 2015: Maruti Suzuki India Limited’s bestseller Celerio clocks sale of over 100,000 units.
Launched at Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Celerio is credited with introducing Auto Gear Shift Technology in the Indian automobile industry.
By offering the convenience of automatic transmission at an affordable cost and with fuel efficiency at par with manual transmission, Celerio has delighted customers by fulfilling a latent need. Sensing the customer need, Maruti Suzuki introduced the Celerio Diesel in June 2015.
Celebrating the landmark, Mr. RS Kalsi, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, “We thank customers for their support to brand Celerio. Celerio is the first car in India to introduce the acclaimed Auto Gear Shift technology and almost one third of the sales are of the Auto Gear Shift variants. Customers appreciated the convenience of automatic gear shifting with no loss in fuel efficiency on Celerio and within a year of its launch Maruti Suzuki’s share in the lower hatchback has shot up to 71% from 61%.”
- Launched in February 2014
- First car to offer convenience of Auto Gear Shift
- Petrol, CNG & diesel fuel options
- Increased Maruti Suzuki’s share in lower hatchback segment by 10% within one year of launch
- Celerio Diesel launched in June 2015
Celerio is the only car to be available in petrol, CNG and diesel fuel options and offer two transmission options (Manual and Auto Gear Shift).
Celerio is one of Maruti Suzuki’s top selling models and among the top 10 selling cars in India.
Click here for the 100,000 Celerio Image https://flic.kr/p/vkXkt9
CELERIO EZ ATTRIBUTES
• EZ DRIVE: The breakthrough EZ Drive technology with the revolutionary Auto Gear Shift and all new manual transmission. The all new manual transmission of the Celerio is developed to offer a peppy drive.
• EZ PERFORMANCE: The Celerio Diesel is India’s most fuel efficient car and promises EZ Performance with a high torque per cc. Celerio diesel also delivers a smooth drive.
• EZ TECHNOLOGY: K-Next petrol engine with Drive-by-Wire, New generation super compact DDiS 125 all aluminium diesel engine, All new manual transmission
• EZ SPACE: TXpanDesign, Roomy cabin, Spacious headroom, legroom and shoulder-room, Large boot space and 15 smart utility spaces
• EZ GIZMOS: Stereo with Bluetooth connectivity, Steering mounted audio controls, Multi-info display, User-friendly customizable security settings
• EZ STYLE: CICO (Curve In Curve Out) Styling, Sweeping wave dashboard design.