Jaguar & Jose Mourinho Teams Up To Create Excitement In The 2014 Football World Cup
Jaguar have appointed Jose Mourinho as the face of their newly launched Pan-European Social Media campaign, "The Mourinho Challenge". This challenge is thrown towards all those football enthusiasts of Europe who boasts of their knowledge in football and will have to predict the winner as well as the losers of the 2014 Brazil World Cup. The voting is to be done through a Jaguar voting App, available now on Jaguar’s European Social Media platforms and also via www.mourinhochallenge.com.
The winners of this virtual event will get a chance to experience three months of F-TYPE Coupé experience. This once-in-a- lifetime driving experience will be awarded to the player who matches wits with the Special One himself and displays his or her football prowess to all of Europe. A suite of content pieces that features José Mourinho has been aired on the European Social channels in order to promote the campaign and encourage participation in the challenge.
José Mourinho said on the topic, "I am very excited to extend my partnership with Jaguar into Europe and am looking forward to seeing who will come out top at the Mourinho Challenge. I was the first customer in the UK to take delivery of the new F-TYPE Coupé and the prospect of driving it for three months should get everyone excited as it truly is one of the world’s best sports cars."
Jaguar Partners with Jose Mourinho to Celebrate Football Excitement in Brazil
13 June 2014
- * Jaguar UK brand ambassador José Mourinho will be the face of a Pan-European Social Media Campaign "The Mourinho Challenge".
- * Campaign to launch on June 12th to coincide with start of the biggest football Championship in the world.
- * The Mourinho Challenge is a "virtual" football tipping competition which requires participants to predicting the match outcomes in football’s biggest Championship hosted by the Special One, José Mourinho himself.
- * The ultimate winner of the Mourinho Challenge will win an exclusive 3 months F-TYPE Coupé Experience.
- * A suite of content pieces featuring José Mourinho will be gradually released on Jaguar’s European Social channels to promote the campaign and encourage participation.
- * The Digital campaign hub www.mourinhochallenge.com will feature all campaign content, provide access to the App and capture all Social conversations around the dedicated campaign hashtag #MourinhoChallenge.
Jaguar today announced that UK brand ambassador José Mourinho will be the face of an exciting new Pan-European Social Media campaign "The Mourinho Challenge". For fans that pride themselves on their football knowledge and believe they can take on contenders across Europe to predict the winners and losers in Brasil, Jaguar offers its own virtual summer football "event". The campaign based on a Jaguar voting App, available now on Jaguar’s European Social Media platforms and via www.mourinhochallenge.com, engages with fans online and via mobile to test their football prowess and strategy for a chance to win a 3 month F-TYPE Coupé experience.
Once registered via the Mourinho Challenge App, participants can join the Challenge and a social sharing function allows users to invite their friends and play against them throughout the Championship in Brasil
A leaderboard enables participants to ascertain their ranking compared to their friends and other users across Europe. The ultimate winner of the Mourinho Challenge will win an exclusive 3 months F-TYPE Coupé Experience. This once-in-a- lifetime driving experience will be awarded to the player who matches wits with the Special One himself and displays his or her football prowess to all of Europe.
A suite of content pieces featuring José Mourinho will be gradually released on Jaguar’s European Social channels to promote the campaign and encourage participation.
José Mourinho said "I am very excited to extend my partnership with Jaguar into Europe and am looking forward to seeing who will come out top at the Mourinho Challenge. I was the first customer in the UK to take delivery of the new F-TYPE Coupé and the prospect of driving it for three months should get everyone excited as it truly is one of the world’s best sports cars."
Jaguar Land Rover Europe Regional Director Bernhard Kuhnt said: "I am delighted to have José Mourinho, an acknowledged expert in game strategy and winning, as the spokesperson for the Mourinho Challenge. We wanted to find a way to bring Jaguar as a brand and football together in a way that is credible and positive and taps into the passion football fans have for their team. I believe that we have achieved this."
Interested fans and players can visit the competition’s Digital hub www.mourinhochallenge.com, which features all of the campaign content, provides access to the App and captures all Social Media driven conversations generated throughout the course of the campaign around the dedicated campaign hashtag #MourinhoChallenge. In addition, fans can catch brand new quips and commentary from the Special One himself, which will be regularly featured on Jaguar’s European Social Media channels. For those willing to take the "Mourinho Challenge", they too may prove to be a Special One!
Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé product highlights
- * The new F-TYPE Coupé is the most dynamically capable, performance-focused, production Jaguar to date.
- * The model line-up is headlined by the F-TYPE R Coupé, its 550PS/680Nm 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine enabling acceleration from 0-100kph in 4.2-seconds, and a top speed of 300kph (limited).
- * The F-TYPE R Coupé features Jaguar’s second-generation Electronic Active Differential which works in parallel with a new Torque Vectoring by braking system to deliver enhanced agility and exploitable handling at the limit.
- * F-TYPE Coupé builds on Jaguar’s industry-leading expertise in aluminium delivering torsional rigidity of 33,000 Nm/degree - it is the most torsionally rigid production Jaguar to date.
- * The all-aluminium F-TYPE Coupé embodies the uncompromised design vision of the award-winning C-X16 concept.
- * F-TYPE Coupé and F-TYPE S Coupé models complete the range, powered respectively by 340PS and 380PS versions of Jaguar’s 3.0-litre supercharged V6 engine, giving 0-100kph in 5.3/4.9-seconds and top speeds of 260/275 kph.
- * A Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) braking system - featuring 398/380mm discs front/rear - is optional on both F-TYPE R and F-TYPE S Coupé models.
- * All engines drive the rear wheels through an eight-speed ’Quickshift’ transmission with full manual sequential control via steering wheel-mounted paddles or the central SportShift lever.
- * The F-TYPE Coupé has up to 407-litres of boot space - easily accommodating two sets of golf clubs - the tailgate being available with power assisted opening.
- * The F-TYPE Coupé range complements the existing 2013 ’World Car Design of the Year’ award-winning F-TYPE Convertible model line-up of F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and F-TYPE V8 S.
- ENDS -